The second edition of the Rural Veterans Health Care Atlas (fiscal year 2015) builds on the first edition of this comprehensive resource guide for rural and Veteran advocates (including, but not limited to, researchers, planners and policy decision makers, as well as clinicians and patient care teams) to enhance health care delivery to rural Veterans, enrollees and patients.
This edition features six areas of interest, with updates that reflect the VHA’s changes on the definition of rurality, the establishment of the Veterans Choice Program, and the reclassification of VHA medical facilities. The six chapters are:
- Overview and Location of VHA Medical Facilities
- Rural, Highly Rural, and Insular Island Patients Treated at Each VAMC
- Veteran Population, Enrollees and Patients
- VHA Health Services Outpatient Utilization by Rural Veterans
- VHA Health Services Inpatient Utilization by Rural Veterans
- Occupancy Rates