"The Rural Connection" Quarterly Newsletter
As the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs' (VA) lead proponent on rural Veterans, the Office of Rural Health (ORH) provides pertinent information that supports the increase of rural Veterans’ access to care and services that support their health and well-being. ORH’s quarterly newsletter is a collaborative publication that features VA and partnership agency’s information. Contact ORH to request a subscription.
This issue of “The Rural Connection” focuses on the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs’ (VA) efforts to provide innovative health care technology options for Veterans, especially in the area of mental health. It highlights the innovative ways VA is working to increase access to care for rural Veterans.
In this Issue
- VA Provides Free Mental Health Training to Community Clergy to Support Rural Veterans
- VA’s Telehealth Care for Rural Veterans with PTSD
- Veterans Rural Health Resource Center in Iowa City Wins Dr. Linda K. Hall Innovation Award for Home-Based Cardiac Rehab Program
- VA Mobile Technologies Support Emergent Acute Stroke Care in Puerto Rico
- Meet the New Rural Scholar Fellows
- Three Steps to Access ‘Community Care’
- The 2018-2019 Flu Season is Here; Are You Ready?
Download free viewer and reader software to view PDF, video and other file formats.