RURAL HEALTH PARTNERSHIPS
The U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs (VA) is expanding its focus on partnerships to create a more integrated network of services that can support Veterans' needs throughout their life. Organizations interested in partnering should contact the VA Office of Community Engagement.
The Office of Rural Health focuses on collaborations with federal, state and local entities that increase rural Veterans' access to care and support their health and well-being. ORH partnerships work to optimize the use of available and emerging technologies, leverage available resources, establish new access points to care, and employ strategies to increase health care options for all rural Veterans.
- Mental health
- Providers shortages
- Social determinants of health (i.e., housing, education, employment)
If you have ideas about partnering on initiative or projects that help reduce barriers to care for Veterans and expand access to care and services, email ORH or call 202-632-8615.
Emails sent to this email address are not secure. Please do not include personal data.
How We Partner
While ORH is VA's lead advocate for rural Veteran health, the Office understands it cannot do it alone. ORH is continuously looking for collaborations that help achieve its mission at all levels - from the White House to VA to state offices down to the individual community. Whenever possible, ORH shares its expertise with organizations through work group participations, presentations, subject matter expertise, policy development, strategic planning and Memorandums of Understanding. Some of our external partners include:.
- Housing Assistance Council
- National Association of Community Health Centers
- National Association of State Directors of Veterans Affairs
- National Indian Health Board
- National Rural Health Association
- Rural Broadband Association Advisory Committee
- Transportation Research Board
- U.S. Department of Health and Human Services' Federal Office of Rural Health Policy, Indian Health Service, and Office of the National Coordinator for Health Information Technology
- White House Council on Women and Girls Veterans Working Group
- White House Rural Council